Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Thing 4: Flickr




Set up the Flickr account sans problems. Grabbed a digital camera and took this photo.
I only have two windows in my Library and this is what they look out to. All you urban dwellers and back alley creepers, will of course recognize the delivery entrance to the Chamber's Hotel.
Look who I'm telling. Like you didn't know that already.
I really liked the "Online Photosharing in Plain English" film. I can see where Flickr would be pretty great as a place to stockpile your images. Depending what you're putting in there, I can also see where security might be an issue. Immediately after I set up my free account I was directed to a link, posted two days prior, detailing a "phishing" scam perpetrated on Flickr members. But seriously, that has become the nature of the beast (the beast being the internet and not specifically Flickr).

1 comment:

Nate Farley said...

Hey bookman, I think you have a great blog. You've made me laugh out loud three times. This is just such a sad and amusing commentary that I had to comment. It somehow seems like a metaphor for Library 2.0. The idea of windows in a world is great – but it hardly seems worth the effort unless the look on something worthwhile. At least they are good for checking the weather.