Friday, June 6, 2008

Thing 11: Tagging and Del.icio.us

I've been with Del.icio.us for about a year now. At first I was pretty crazy about it. I liked being able to access my bookmarks from anywhere. That was pretty sweet. I don't know how much enthusiam I can (or should) generate for bookmarks. This service is great for work or home!!! I heartily endorse this product!!! The exclaimation points aren't really doing it for me either. Maybe making the text bold? I don't know.

Tagging in Del.icio.us is kind of a quagmire. It's good they make suggestions and show how other folks are tagging the same sites. Yeah, that's good. Yeah...good.

Can you tell I'm totally calling this one in.

Maybe I've hit that "comfort level" that some couples get to, when they can just enjoy the silence. It's not awkward or strained when you don't have anything to say to one another. Just sitting there staring off or looking out the window or something. Maybe that's how it is between Del.icio.us and I. Didja ever think of that? A genuine, mutual respect and affection for one another without the need to fill the "one-on-one time" with a bunch of useless chatter. Not like what you and I are doing right now. This is just me padding out this entry. That's what this is. What Del.icio.us and I have is different and I wouldn't expect you to understand it. Unless you'd been there, and known what it was like in the beginning; having that history that we share. To me, that is what all the sacrifice and hardwork, in building a relationship, is about. The struggle, the pain, the raw emotions laid bare. [Dramatic pause] But to you, these are just words. Just words on a blog with no real context or meaning. Well I feel sorry for you. I do. I guess I can only hope that someday you'll experience even a fraction of what I have. That's the kind of success I hope for you my friend. That's the kind of happiness I hope you can find...with your online bookmarking service.

No comments: